Monday, April 9, 2012

The Crutch

I am at "the beach" with the family- our condo at North Myrtle Beach. The wife took the daughters shopping all day and I hung out with my son Atticus. He wanted so badly to have a skimboard. He saw some other kids using skimboards earlier this week and has since talked about nothing else. So I took him to Ron Jon Surf Shop and purchased him and his sisters each a skim board and wax. Many thanks to the nice man who helped us and advised me on which board to buy. He qualified me correctly and and didn't direct me to the $599 carbon fiber board but the $11.99 wood board for beginners.

We got back to the condo and I took Atticus out and he tried and tried to skimboard but just couldn't quite get it. He wanted to throw it too far in front of him and when he jumped on it, the board had already stopped moving and he wasn't moving fast enough to actually skim on the water.

I realized at that point that he was a little too young to learn from his father and that he may be able to learn faster if he had someone else teaching him.

He kept telling me "daddy, you think it is easy" after I had told him several times that it is hard to learn. Obviously he was picking up on my frustration that he was having a difficult time with him learning. It is really interesting that he can pick up on my frustration. He kept on repeating "daddy you think it is easy" but I never told him that. I guess my body language and tone of voice told him that. Thus, he needs someone other than me to teach him.

So I have consumed some Vodka and strawberry/kiwi sparkling juice (meant for the kids who didn't drink much of it) and Unibrou Trois Pistoles (awesome beer- possibly my favorite) and the Samuel Adams Tasman Red.

After the Unibrou Trois Pistoles the Tasman Red tastes very, very piney. Like a pine tree. I am drinking pine cones.

So now I feel too drunk to write intelligently. Time for me to go to bed.

Adios and Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment