Friday, April 20, 2012

Wall Street Journal Web Site Cookie Handling Sucks

I have a print and online subscription to The Wall Street Journal which is my favorite place for news. I have turned off all cookies in my browser and am allowing only certain specified cookies to be saved on my computer. Wall Street Journal's site will not seem to work this way. I can get all other sites to works properly by turning global acceptance of all cookies, browsing to the site, browsing around the site for a little while to save all the shitty cookies that the site wants to put on my computer and then turning off global cookie access. But not the Journal's site. Sucks! Why should they dictate how I handle my own cookies? Seems unfair and unjust to me. Now I have to turn on global cookie access every time I want to read their site. Maybe I should get my news elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment