Monday, January 7, 2013

Low White Blood Cell confusion

So I went back to my family doctor for my annual physical and the digital exam went fine - my prostate is good.  I had the blood test done and my cholestorol is over 200 - no so good but worst of all my white blood cell count is still low- just below normal.  It has been a year now with a low white blood cell count.

As a result I went to my Oncologist on December 4 where my white blood cell count was tested again and still found to be low and he suggested that I have another bone marrow biopsy like the one I had a year ago.

I have been in Honduras the past three days and this morning I noticed a bump right below my right ear lob where my jaw and neck come together.  I don't know if this is a begnin nothing to be worried about bump or not but considering the unexplained low white blood cell count, this will make me think a few more times than I normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment