Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Insomnia

I woke up coughing up phlegm at about 3:45 AM and couldn't go back to sleep.  Not being able to sleep seems to be happening to me more often now.  Maybe something having to do with age?

So I got online to book my flight to Jackson Hole in February.  I went to the Upromise site like I normally do to earn some money for my kids' college education.  At Upromise I normally book flights through Expedia where I received back 2% of the total spend.  It seems Expedia made a change and now only gives like $0.94 per booking.  Before I was getting $3 to $9 depending.

So now I booked this flight using Upromise and Orbitz which gives me $3.25 per booking- better but still not great.  I am beginning to wonder if it is worth my time is use Upromise.

I tried the Upromise Turbosaver but it sucks because it messed up the view of some web pages that I visit on a regular basis.

By the way, Expedia kicks Orbitz ass.  The overall look and feed of the Expedia site it much better than Orbitz and the deals are pretty much the same between the two sites.  What I really dislike about the Orbitz site is that they don't offer an iCalendar attachment to download into my calendar to automatically put the itinerary information on my calendar.  You would think that a site like Orbitz that has the traffic they do would attempt to make things easier for the user by offering such a feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment